This award honors a former participant in a developmental program/curriculum who is a leader in her/his profession and/or has a record of outstanding contribution of her/his community. The awardee shall receive an engraved plaque, a $50 gift card, and complimentary breakfast and lunch on the day of the award. One night of lodging shall be awarded, excluding meals, to an awardee living > 90 miles from the conference site.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Have been graduated or transferred from the institution sponsoring the home developmental program/curriculum.
- Evidence of leadership in the profession, such as elected office in professional organization, outstanding performance awards, community recognition for volunteer service, consistent contribution to a service organization.
- A letter of endorsement from a developmental education practitioner. Please note that for this award, this letter must be from a developmental educator (director, counselor, teacher, etc.) who can attest to the nominee’s completion of developmental coursework in the program and must include specific information about the developmental education courses which the nominee completed.
- Additional materials- one from each of the following that provides evidence of meeting the criteria stated above
- e.g. copies of awards or newspaper clipping
- supporting letter from employer.