This award recognizes a developmental educator whose work reflects commitment to the needs of developmental students that exemplifies best practices in developmental education. Nominees must meet the following criteria.
- Must be currently working in a developmental program/curriculum or a related service; and
- Have worked in developmental education or a related service area for at least five years; and
- Be responsible for an innovation in the field, coordination of a program that has significant impact on students, or leading advocacy efforts on behalf of developmental students.
- Note: Nomination letter must include identification of student populations the nominee served or is currently serving.
- Must include a minimum of one from each of the following:
- Letters from students (limit one page per letter)
- Letter from administrator, faculty, and/or colleague (limit one page per letter)
- Reports, clippings or other evidence detailing the nominee’s impact upon developmental students