Professional Development: For more information about the PADE professional development scholarship, please contact Linda Currie via email at LWCurrie@peirce.edu or phone/fax at 215-670-9360. This $1,500 scholarship is intended to assist in defraying expenses to the Kellogg Institute, Advanced Kellogg or T.I.D.E. (Technology Institute for Developmental Education).
Additional Application Materials:
- Special Application Cover Form
- A letter from the applicant (limit 2 pages) stating
- Length of membership in PADE
- Number of years and type of experience in Developmental Education
- Anticipated impact on how this participation will contribute to personal professional development and to the Developmental Education program/curriculum where nominee is currently employed
- Affirmation to be a presenter at the annual state or a regional conference within three years of their completion of Kellogg, Advanced Kellogg or T.I.D.E.
- Resume or professional summary
- Two letters of support from supervisors, colleagues, faculty and/or administrators.
- Letter of administrative financial support or other assurance of financial commitment for the nominee to attend the Kellogg Institute, Advanced Kellogg or T.I.D.E.
PRIMARY CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION:
- Acceptance to Kellogg Institute, Advanced Kellogg or T.I.D.E. for the year of the award
- PADE membership
- Two or more years as an educator or administrator in a Developmental Education Program/Curriculum
- Current employment as an educator or administrator in a Developmental Education Program/Curriculum
- Preference will be given to those who have not attended Kellogg, Advanced Kellogg or T.I.D.E.
SECONDARY CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION:
- Active participation in PADE as demonstrated by attendance at the state or regional conference or a leadership role as member of the PADE Board, committee member or chair of a state or regional conference.
- Presenter at the annual state or a regional conference within the last five years.