This $500 award is to honor the academic achievement of a student in a Developmental Education program/Curriculum. The awardee will also receive a $50 gift card, and complimentary breakfast and lunch on the day of the award. One night of lodging shall be awarded, excluding meals, to an awardee living > 90 miles from the conference site.
- Completed at least two developmental courses in reading, writing or math
- Completed at least twenty-four credits (developmental courses included)
- Attained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Must be a current undergraduate student in Pennsylvania at the time of nomination
- Must be nominated by a current PADE member
- Student must submit official transcript–unofficial transcript may be used for nomination, but award will be contingent on receipt of official transcript.
- Letters of recommendation from at least two of your instructors (limit 2 pgs.) One MUST be from a developmental educator.
- Letter of recommendation from the developmental program/curriculum director or professional staff member (limit 2 pgs.)
- Photograph in digital jpg. format
Note: The $500 award check will be given to the Program Director for disbursal to the student’s account.